Saturday, February 16, 2013

My Lorelei


My Lorelei
a
Poem

The dunes on the beach
Is cold at night
Sand is a nuisance
Slipping between my cloths

But
The cool night's air
Fill my lungs with life
And
The stars above us
Twinkle n' flash
Like brilliant diamonds

My sleep is warm and comforting
When I reach for my Lorelei

She is her own
Role Model
Not swayed by Hollywood glamour

Strong willed and defiant
Sometimes I wonder
If my thoughts really matter

But
I'm certain of God's love
He created her
Just for me

My life would be
Empty and bleak

If I could not reach
For my Lorelei

Her mood swings
Perplex me
Our last smoke
She'll never share

But
Her touch
Makes me scream
And
I know that I'm alive

Come hell or high water
Earthquake or drought

I know that she'll be there
When I reach for my Lorelei


finis



Photo Credit
Copyright © Dax McKenzie

Poem
Coyright © ralph Marie de largo
16 february 2013

@ProLifePoet
Twitter®


146 Words

No comments:

Post a Comment